Finding Your Calling at Any Age
Author and theologian Dr. Art Lindsley will be speaking on:
- The call to creativity: How work leads to transformation in God’s kingdom
- The importance of calling for the church, the nation, and you
Art Lindsley is the Vice President of Theological Initiatives at the Institute of Faith, Work & Economics. He is the author of C.S. Lewis’s Case for Christ, True Truth, Love: The Ultimate Apologetic, and co-author with R.C. Sproul and John Gerstner of Classical Apologetics. Dr. Lindsley received a B.S. in Chemistry from Seattle Pacific University, an M.Div. from Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, and a Ph.D. in Religious Studies from the University of Pittsburgh.
(Lunch will be provided.)
Registration and Questions: Email Christine Yates.
Dear ANDC Friends:
I am so looking forward to being away with many of you tomorrow for our first retreat day in Annapolis, MD. It’s looking to be a gorgeous day near the water. It’s not too late to sign up, so if you would like to come or if you would like to bring a friend to join us, please do. Here are a few coordinating instructions to include:
- A Revised Schedule
- What to Bring
- Plans for Kids
10:00 – 11:00 Arrival, Morning Coffee & Bagels & Fellowship
11:00 – 11:30 Worship
11:30 – 12:30 Session 1: Called to Creativity – A Larger View of Life
12:45 – 1:45 Lunch
1:45 – 3:15 Free Time for reflection, walks, fellowship
3:15 – 3:45 Worship
3:45 – 5:00 Session 2: Calling
Dinner on your own or in groups. Below are some places you might try recommended by our locals, Dale and Melissa Overmyer.
- VIN 909 – 909 Bay Ridge Ave. (Great food; can be a long wait)
- Joss – 195 Main St. in Old Town Annapolis (Sushi)
- Boatyard Grill – 400 4th St. (Salads, Fish and Burgers)
- Pussers at the Marriott – 80 Compromise St (Great dockside bar and grill)
- Chevy’s – 2436 Solomons Island Rd
- Outback Steakhouse – 2207 Forest Drive
- Panera – 2341 Forest Drive
What to Bring:
- Casual clothes
- Bible, notebook, pen
- A beach towel, blanket, or folding portable chair if you would like to sit by the water during our free time
Plans for Kids:
Parents should bring their kids to the Beach Club. Please try to arrive NLT 10:30 so that we can drive them over to the Overmyers’ house at 15 Barry Ave., which is a mile away. Kids will have their own program under the care of the Overmyer girls. The plan is for them to come back and to join us for lunch at 12:45 and then to head back over to the Overmyers before our second session begins. There will be some simple snacks at the Overmyers’ (goldfish and fruit, etc.). Please bring other snacks if you think they need something else.
- The address for the retreat is 2 Herndon Ave., Annapolis, MD 21403
- Directions from DC and Northern VA
- Take US 50 E toward Annapolis
- Take exit 22 for Maryland 665 towards Aris T Allen Blvd / Riva Rd. Note: stay in the same lane you exit on as you will exit two times, once off of Route 50 and then off of the access road. You want to go under the sign for Route 2 Solomon Island Road to get on 665. Do not take a right onto Riva Road
- In 2.6 miles continue straight on Forest Drive
- In 2.4 miles continue straight on Bay Ridge Road
- In 1.4 miles continue straight on Farragut Rd
- Take Slight Right on Herndon Ave.
- 2 Herndon Ave. is on the right
Note: For those coming from VA, there is a portion of the Southwest Freeway in DC that is closed for construction that will keep you from being able to reach Pennsylvania Ave. and the John Phillips Sousa Bridge. In order to get to DC-295 I plan to take the S. Capital St. exit off of the Southwest Freeway in order to cross the river and link up with DC-295. Here is a link to a map from Arlington which shows the route through the city using S. Capital St. – http://goo.gl/maps/Jd8j8
2 Herndon Ave.
Annapolis, MD 21403